Monday, March 12, 2012

things..

It is so easy to live a life where things become a priority..I know I do it. I like new, shiny things and I have even allowed myself to think, " I NEED" or "I deserve" new, shiny things...but I don't.  This weekend the hubs and I took a long hard look at what we "need" and what are the extras in our life. We got rid of cable and and cut out some other unnecessary expenses and spent a long wonderful weekend at home with our beautiful family! These young family moments are difficult and challenging but end so quickly. Our goal is to cherish each other and focus on what matters before they grow up and leave. I actually wrote out some goals for myself .. in no particular order
1. bake more bread...is there anything better than homemade bread?? I think not
2. continue to make exercise a priority, both the hubs and I feel it's important to teach our kids by example the importance of a healthy lifestyle that includes working out..
3. continue to have daily family dinners that mainly consist of whole, unprocessed foods
4. continue to sell my amiably crafted accessories at Kitsch/etsy -until it affects my home life- right now its a good balance
5. make my kids and my amazing husband my priority...if I think about it nothing else really matters
6. SAVE MORE MONEY..SPEND LESS MONEY..
7. continue to enjoy the wonderful friendships I have...
8. go home to West Virginia more...
9. plan a family camping trip this spring
10. take a minute to let myself be content and happy with my accomplishments
11. go on more dates with my husband
12. watch more WVU sports-i know silly-but it is something the hubs and I used to do together and I miss that.
13. continue to develop goals.

1 comment:

Waldron Family said...

I love your goals, especially the one about going home more to WV! We all miss you and your entire family!