Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Terrible twos!


OH the glorious 2 year old! I swear everyone told me about how brutal 2 and 3 are, but I choose to laugh them off, thinking wow what are these mothers doing wrong, because my child is close to perfect! I must just be that great of a mom....but we have now hit REALLY being 2! We did have almost a month of being two that was just great...but this week...if you know of anyone buying 2 year old boys I have one for sale...ok not really but..... Ok so this all started on Sunday when we went to the Science museum as a family and Eli decided he was not ready to leave...he old self would have happily sad,"bye-bye fish..bye-bye choo-choo's" held our hand and walked out..but this new creature that has taken over my sweet baby boy said, "NOOOOOO" and threw him self down on the floor kicking and screaming.. I was mortified, and we all have been the bystanders to this when you just look and are appalled at how some parents let their kids behave! And this was 2 one 1 parenting, and we had to put his coat on before we could walk out into the 10 degree weather...although I was sure it was over 100 degrees in that museum! So we get him to calm down and I just chalk it up to being tired. Then Yesterday came....AHH I am still not recovered.  He-being the creature that has eaten my sweet child, took out every piece of clothing out of every dresser we have, while I was trying to deal with the toilet over flowing from being a parking lot for an ambulance...I knew I was in trouble yesterday when I heard, "ohh noo mom, bus..oh no" and I tell you I was not more than two feet away from him when this all went down! So after several other episodes I choose to leave my mess of a home and do something for me so I don't loose it..so I go and join the gym just to find out daycare has closed for the day, since it was a holiday-of course. So we went to the grocery store and he was bribed with a cookie and did fairly well, until he got away from me and started to run down the isle until he fell and hurt this head, causing him to scream in a way that I am sure many people thought I pushed him...and let me tell you how difficult it is to show compassion to the creature that for two days has caused to wish you were working 14hour days in a sweat shop...because that surely had to be easier than being a mom to this creature! I am sure that I am being punished for being so judgmental before I had a child! I tell you I try and be a good mom, but some things are out of our control! I could go on, but at the end of the day once we were done with dinner-which was a great creation of pizza ordered out-because the thought of cooking yesterday almost made me cry, but after bath time and story-time that sweet little boy of mine came back and laid his head on mine and said love you mommy and gave me a kiss... I think I'll keep him....and then he woke up today!! 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahh the joys of being a mother!! It is easy to laugh when it isn't you!

Jolene Warren said...

You're freakin' hilarious! I have to agree with Amanda, except, I rarely laughed at mother's like you.... I always thought that if I could just sit the parent down long enough and explain to them how to be a parent, they would thank me and have perfect children like mine!! heeheehahahaheehee All kidding aside, you're a great mom! Hang in there, this too shall pass!!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

Oh Ami-I loved how you put this into words!!! You did make me laugh though-I had to read it out loud to Aaron too. I hope today is better!
I always feel so sorry for those moms...I know my time is coming-Emily already has quite a hellian streak in her...we're scared of two already :) And I hear that 3 can be even worse-especially for girls!!! It's all worth it for the I love you mommy's though-isn't it!

Yvonne/mom/grammy said...

I think this calls for SUPER GRAMMY!!! I am always available. Call or e-mail ANYTIME!!!!! Y