Tuesday, July 17, 2012

death by chocolate cupcakes!!

cupcakes


Who doesn't love a good cupcake...heck I will even go for an "ok" cupcake, pretty much any day!!
So this year when my mom asked what I wanted to do for  our father's day family cookout I quickly said cupcakes!!!  Knowing my dads unhealthy love for chocolate, I envisioned a chocolate, mousse kinda thang.. (we added in some vanilla super sugary cupcakes for my sister, who just happened to have her birthday on father's day this year!!)


For the cupcakes:
I used a chocolate boxed cake {follow directions on back of box}
and added
1 c. sour cream
1tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
mix together  and bake according to box


For the frosting I used this recipe  
From this amazing blog How sweet it is
Chocolate cream cheese frosting
3 8-ounce blocks of cold cream cheese
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
I left out the milk chocolate, just because I was in a hurry and I LOVED how it tasted! I then followed her recipe!! They were AMAZing !!
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and add cocoa powder, increasing the speed to mix. If the frosting it a bit too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.  If it is too thin, add additional sugar gradually. Frost cupcakes once cooled. I topped with chocolate sprinkles and shaved chocolate. 
We did have a ton of frosting left so we dipped strawberries in it...heaven!!


They didn't disappoint. They were moist, chocolate-y, and mousse-y! 

JUBILANT JACKSON'S!

No comments: