Friday, July 13, 2012

summer favorite

I will admit, I have a problem...my name is ami and I am addicted to Starbucks Iced Vanilla lattes... wow feels so much better to get that off my chest! :) So when I started seeing all of the home recipes for iced coffee I was skeptical to say the least!! WELL let me tell you I have converted!! I have found the perfect combination of sweet-but-not-TOO-sweet... and depending on my mood I can sweeten it up how i need!! 


 start with a STRONG pot of coffee, we use caffe verona from Starbucks. We  grind the beans at home and tend to make it pretty strong with our french press.
 Now here is where you can really play with this.. most recipes on pinterest called for equal amounts of SCM(sweetend condensed milk : milk) I only used 1-2 TBSP per 
1 cup of unflavored almond milk  
with 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract 


pour into larger mason jar and mix that up...

I fill my jar(cup) with ice..(make sure coffee has cooled)
then add ~3/4 coffee to 1/4 cream and top it with a paper straw!!
Lovely summer morning treat!!


No comments: