Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Days!





I just have to tell you how much I enjoy being a mom....most days!! I love his hugs, smiles, the way he smells and especially his sweet little voice! But there are days when he has little enduring characteristics..take today for example. We were finishing up our Valentines to send out and having such a wonderful time! Then it happened....Eli had been using the (washable) makers and adding his mark on the Valentines when he decided it was more fun to take the lid off and slam the marker down on the paper totally ruining the makers...now I tried not to be OCD about the situation and let it go once, then it continued and I calmly explained that these were not toys and if he continued to do that he would not be able to use them anymore...well that "pissed" him off, and this kid has some kind of temper! And he took the marker and very forcefully opened the lid, hitting himself in the face...I really tried not to laugh..so then it was over he got off his chair and stopped to his room all the way screaming and tears pouring down his face.  Once in his room he threw himself onto the floor crying,"mommy." So I went in there to comfort him and he just sat up and folded his arms pouting!! WOW eventually he calmed down and I held him and we read books and cuddled the rest of the afternoon! 

7 comments:

Amrine's said...

wow Eli is getting so big now! I can't believe it. he is way cute!

Jolene Warren said...

How adorable is he??? I know that sometimes you want to kill him, but it is the cute days that save their little peoples behinds! I love your new pictures!

grammy said...

What a cute kid!! He must have had really good looking parents! Those expressions are priceless!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

I don't think that we're that far behind you already-She's already got the throwing herself on the ground and screaming thing down....I thought that didn't start until they were 2!!!! It's worth it for the hugs though isn't it!!!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

OH yeah-and I love your valentines!!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Deb said...

ah, the terrible twos! Eli is a cutie pie. You have reminded me that Zach needs to do his valentines this weekend so we can send them out on time. I however, will probably be using the cheap, store bought character kind. I am not as fancy as you! maybe next year!!! p.s. you are brave to give him markers! :)

Waldron Family said...

Between you and Amanda, I am laughing my head off, with your mommy experiences...but also shed a tear or two with compassion for the dear ole' moms who live through these days! Believe me, I have complete empathy. Eli is adorably normal and so fun to be with. Hang in there...as all mom's say (and you will too one day), enjoy these days cause they grow up so quickly. You will look back on these times and wish they were still here. Love y a
Mom